The Selva Viva is a boat concieved originally to be for multiple purposes and support as a priority development programs, from our organization or from others.
Due to its maintenance costs and its potential to generate funds, it serves also for ecotouristics or solidarity tourism activities.
It has been financed through the first phase of the « school-boat for biodiversity » program supported by Audemars-Piguet Foundation.
- Immatriculation IQ-29076-MF
- Traditional wooden riverboat, Brazilian style
- Dimensions : length : 22 m – width : 5,70 m
- Draught : 1,40 m w/o load, 1,50 m
- Decks : 2 decks + balcony + hold
- Motor power : 125 ch
- Cruising speed : 5 knots
- Crew : 5 (2 pilots, 1 engineer, 1 cook, 1 deck auxiliary)
- Water : water purification system (osmosis)
- Energy : solar panels wind generator + auxiliary heat generator
- Electricity : 12, 24 V & 220 V
- Security : security certification in force + GPS probe
- Communications : HF Radio (300 miles outreach) + PhonePatch that allows calls on public network
- 4 double cabins (4,30 m x 2,50 m) with mosquito nets on windows.
possibility to separate by a central curtain : 8 single cabins
possibility to install superposed beds in a cabin : 14 beds max
- + 1 separated guide cabin on the second deck
- Bathrooms/shower : 2 (1 per deck)
- Toilets : 3
- Indoor dinning room : 14 seats + library/lounge (280 sq’)
- Outdoor dinning room (balcony) (1,290 sq’): 14 seats + 5 hammocks